Sunday, January 11, 2009

Build your Basic Jewelry Starter Kit for P100



I always get this question from my friends: how much do you need to spend to begin your homemade jewelry hobby?

Giving it much thought and stripping down the kit to the bare and very basic essentials. You can get your jewelry hobby going for as low as P100 (around $2). I would recommend P100 for any beginner, you can begin making bracelets and may discover if this hobby really suits you.

It wouldn't hurt to throw in P100 more so you can buy more beads and get more variety with your designs.

Now if you have P500, you can get other extras.

By extras, I mean other handy tools in the "Plier" family - chain nose pliers, crimping pliers, wire cutters.

Extra essentials would cost another P15-P50 per packet such as head pins, earring wires and hooks, split rings, crimp tubes, connectors.



You may also get other design luxuries such as spacers, chandelier components, pinch bails, charms, lockets, etc.

But that doesn't mean you can't have much fun with your P100 starter kit, learn the basics first. Get the hang of making loops and experimenting. I would suggest putting your old, unused or broken pieces of jewelry on the chopping board, learn to recycle these into new designs. I'm sure you will have enough beads to work on to create another knotted elastic bracelet or necklace.

So What's inside your Basic Jewelry Starter Kit?

29 comments:

  1. miss you hotbeads! have you been to divisoria lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please allow me to repost this article. =) (I will never forget to link you!) THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~ I'm interested to buy the basic jewelry making kit. How do i get in touch with you? Thanks - jaylynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Can you recommend a store in Manila where I could get ring moulds? I really want to start making my own rings and I could really use all the help and information I can get. Thank you very much! Where can I contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm so amused with your posts! Love reading them. I've just been recently obssessed with beading. I haven't been to Wellmanson's but do you think they have bead caps there? The vintage types?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bad Blogger - sure no prob just link me :)

    @Jaylynn - Hmm I don't sell the kit. But getting your tools together is fairly easy in Quiapo. Start at Wellmansons :)

    @Via - interesting. I haven't encountered Ring Moulds yet in Quiapo. What I bought was the The Ring Size Measuring Stick where I can get my finger diameter with for beading projects. Will do more research on ring moulds :)

    @scrapgurl14 - Yes wellmanson has bead caps, but the vintage types I found at DIY Beads quiapo. They only look vintage, a bit bronzey, P20-P30 a pack. Not really authentic vintage and they smell weird. If you like vintage pieces try segunda mano shops then butcher the jewelry pieces you find for their bead caps :)
    - love BeadSnob

    ReplyDelete
  7. uhm
    do you know where can i buy a bead making magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you. im interested. i love it.
    hi does anyone know the supplier of silver jewelry in quiapo?

    ReplyDelete
  9. do you know where I can buy leather cord?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi bead snob. been searching for crimping tool / crimping pliers. even wellmansons don't have it. could you please tell me exactly where in manila i can get one? appreciate your reply. tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anonymous bead making magazines can be bought at Booksale for P120-P200.

    @Annielyn Wellmansons in Quiapo has jewelry parts- clasps, toggles, chains, trinkets in Korean made silver.

    @Anonymous leather cord at Chains and Components in Quiapo and also Wellmansons

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Anonymous as for thecrimping tool / crimping pliers, I got mine at Wellmansons. They might have ran out of stock, but I suggest trying other shops in Quiapo like Butingtings

    ReplyDelete
  13. can i buy online here? if so, how can i?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Beadsnob, I spent hours looking for infos about beads ... thanks to Google I found you. You answer most of my questions specially where to buy them. More power and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Beadsnod...i want to but the starting kit nio po...paano po ba?pwede po paki txt nlang po ako para makapg order po ako sa n u. e2 po # ko 09469417131/09052176123..tnx

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi...po paano po ba kau ma contact?i like po kasi ung mga beads na pinopost nio po.

    ReplyDelete
  17. how to get in wellmansons if i am from PUP Sta. MEsa? i am very much interested in making jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi! i just want to know where can i buy different beads and waxed linen cord.. thanks for the answer.. god bless! more power! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi! where can i buy waxed linen cord and different beads? thanks for answering! more power.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. how can i buy this item? is this really 100 pesos only with all that items? thank you! GodBless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi po ask ko lng po if saan po nakakabili artistic wire.

    ReplyDelete
  22. miss san po ako pwedeng bumili ng ganyan??

    ReplyDelete
  23. magkano po kaya ung leather cord?san po banda sa quaipo?tnx.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi, would you know where can i buy metal blanks for handstamping? thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin